About

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

1000 rounds






This has been bothering me, so it's time to make my first post on /r/politics.
I keep seeing the large quantity of bullets being thrown around as though no rational person could ever have some reasonable purpose to possess that much.
Consider a couple of things, on a typical day at the range I will blow through 100-200 rounds, per gun. More if I've got some friends with me. So now that 1000 rounds is five days at the range.
But why would anyone buy all 1000 rounds a the same time you ask? Two major reasons. It's easier to just order something once, and economies of scale. Have you ever bought the giant carton of toilet paper? Cereal? Why not bullets?
I can understand how "A THOUSAND BULLETS" sounds weird to those uninitiated to firearms. It's a scary prospect. But the simple act of purchasing ammo in quantity does not automatically make someone dangerous, nor does it clearly indicate a hidden plan.
More often than not, it just means that person understands the value of buying in bulk.
So there's my $0.02.
EDIT: There are now too many sub-threads for me to keep up. So let's try to keep the discourse polite please.
EDIT 2: Wow. Front page. Never, ever would have expected that. Again folks, please, PLEASE keep it polite and on topic.
EDIT 3: Gotta run gang, remember play nice in the sandbox. The LAST thing this world needs is more derp shouting matches. Honest discussion about relavent topics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment