About

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Asin Thottumkal: 'I'm not ignoring South Indian cinema'


Asin Thottumkal has denied she is leaving her South Indian cinema roots behind.

The actress was most recently seen in the critically-mauled Housefull 2 with Akshay Kumar.

She told The Times of India: "There is nothing that's stopping me from doing films in the south. But the scripts that I have been receiving of late are boring and I am looking for a character that's completely different from what I have done so far. 

"I have had my share of good roles in the south and I do not want to repeat them. My last film,Housefull 2, was made only for audience entertainment and satisfaction. It was not made to impress the critics. Moreover, the film did really well at the box office.

"It was sheer coincidence that my last few films were in the comedy genre. I strongly believe that the so-called masala films are just a concept.

"We have finished shooting for the first schedule of Khiladi and Akshay is a fabulous co-star. He is funny and it was great to team up with him after Housefull 2."

She recently said that she is beginning to feel like a Bollywood insider despite her South Indian background and lack of industry connections.

In April, Kumar revealed that there will be a follow-up to Housefull 2.

Watch the trailer for Housefull 2 below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment