About

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 20, 2012

Brittany Murphy Remembered On 17th Anniversary Of 'Clueless'


It's been 17 years since we first lusted after Cher's closet, closet,cringed at Dionne's driving skills and totally identified with Tai's outsider awkwardness. Although "Clueless" is still our go-to there's-nothing-else-on flick, we can't sit through it without mentally shedding a tear for the late Brittany Murphy.
Murphy passed away in December 2009 due to pneumonia and anemia -- her husband, Simon Monjack, died just months later of the same causes.
"I'm so saddened to hear this news," Murphy's "Clueless" co-star Alicia Silverstone said in a 2009 statement. "I loved working with Brittany. She was so talented, so warm and so sweet. I always felt connected to her as we shared a very special experience in our lives together. I feel love in my heart for her-and hope she is at peace."
To celebrate the monumental chick flick's 17th year, and to pay homage to Murphy, we're counting down Tai's best "Clueless" lines.
Context: Tai is trying out a new vocabulary word in attempt to impress Cher's older stepbrother, Josh.
Josh: "I'll be seeing you."
Tai: "I hope not sporadically!"
Context: If you don't know ... you should.
Tai: "Rollin' with the homies."
Context: Tai has had enough of Cher, who has just failed her driving test.
Tai: "Why should I listen to you anyway? You're a virgin who can't drive."
Quick Poll





VOTE



0 comments:

Post a Comment